Thursday, November 6

[love. (arabic)]حـب

Loving people rips me up. I drove home from class today with tears streaming down my face.. hardly caring if the people I passed noticed. There's a kid in my art class who is amazing. Hes from Lebanon. Its been an adventure just listening to him speak Arabic or tell stories of how different the Middle East is from the United States.. we don't even know...

and hes incredible.. the kind of person you meet an your humor just aligns with theirs.. the perfect classmate. but at the same time.. as soon as our Thursday class is over, his weekend starts... his weekend full of partying. I mean, just last night he puked on his shoes after a Tequila shot.

I want so much more for him.

It tears me up because I want him to know exactly how much Jesus did for him... the full extent of the love God has for him. But.. I don't even know if he believes in Jesus.

And I'm so full of love.. but I have no idea how to express it. I'd ask for suffering if it would let him see a glimpse.. help him understand..

I think there comes a point where a Christian needs to cross the line... I don't want to stand on a soapbox on a street corner yelling at people, "repent or you're going to hell". I'd rather pray for God to show them Himself.. but what if.. what if I'm the vessel to show Jesus Christ? what if I'm supposed to plant the seed?

Its a scary thought.

1 comments:

Daveana said...

Another great post my dear!