Sunday, October 27

This time for Africa!

Every so often it hits me... I went to Africa. Africa! It's crazy how quickly dreams and lofty planning turned into reality. I feel like I couldn't soak it all in. Of course, certain parts of it failed to meet expectations and I complained a lot more than I should have. But........


The vehicles were crowded...... and the van trips long! Picture being stuffed in the back of a van (the very back seat) for 13 hours! Thankfully, I was able to sleep some.. awakening only to stuff back luggage that tumbled down onto me. But, I have to mention that Janessa and I were the only ones who survived the back seat, without complaint, for 13 hours!


But, the people were beautiful... and they treated us like celebrities. So many of them wanting to be photographed with us. So many adorable kids... and they play soccer :)


And the animals crazy! I love elephants - and got to see tons. We also got to see a lion in the wild! This was amazing because when we began the safari, they told us there weren't any lions.


At the end of the day.... it was Africa. And, I learned a lot. Some of it took quite awhile to sink in... that's what happens when you don't prepare yourself enough ahead of time I think. But I feel so blessed to have been able to experience the adventure.



0 comments: