Tuesday, April 12

It's just for fun

Is a sport really ever played just for fun? Perhaps if you don't keep score. I guess I've always had the mindset that losing isn't fun so if its just for fun than you better win.

But it isn't just about the score. Its about how well I do. I've played some games were the team did fantastic and I did horrible.. that wasn't fun. It was a lot more fun when we lost but I did well. Maybe I'm just really self focused and I care more about myself than the team.

The point of this blog... there really isn't one... ha... I was the captain of an intramural soccer team this spring because I wanted to play and a few others wanted to play. I thought it would be a lot of fun to play again. So I recruited a team and we played.

Half the players had never played before and the rest had never played together. And I guess it drove me crazy because we didn't play like a team. And it drove me crazy because I was supposed to be in control of the team but everyone was running around in every position like junk.

We had our last game yesterday and I didn't think it was fun at all. I almost wish I hadn't played at all. I guess when you've played on a somewhat decent team before thats played together for 4 years and they play like a team, its hard to play with a lot less experienced group.

So this post is just to say that I hate soccer and my toe is hurt.

2 comments:

Daveana said...

The last line made me laugh out loud!

kvosburgh said...

hahah! "like junk"
love you saree :)