Thursday, August 11

100th Post!

2 things . . . .

First off, dump some frozen pineapple in a blender (1/2 cup - 1 cup) and pour coconut milk over it (the canned creamy kind of coconut milk). And blend! Add more coconut milk if its too thick.. but it's best to not start with too much milk.. otherwise, it won't be the right delectable consistency! And yum!

And secondly, I think I haven't taken the time to blog lately because I'm at a crossroads (said dramatically... ha). I spent 2 weeks of my summer volunteering in Athens, Alabama, and almost 3 weeks volunteering at Gateway Woods in Leo, Indiana... and now, its time for 'real life'.

I've been job hunting and it's definitely a lot harder than I thought it would be. Granted, I've only been at it seriously for about a week now, but still, it's pretty much discouraging. A lot of the internships or jobs that I've found posted are all about 'being the best', 'reaching the top', 'beating the competition', etc... and although, I do want to be my best, I really don't care about a world of competitive business.

My goal is to find a position where I'm passionate that the place I work for has a purpose. It would be fantastic to find a place where the employees share my faith (are Christians), but that isn't something I'm expecting.

I'm thankful that I have a part-time position currently so I'm not entirely destitute financially... but still looking ahead gets so stressful when I'm completely unsure what or where I'm looking ahead!

AGH! 'real life'.... :)

1 comments:

Daveana said...

Things will work out! You are definitely right about not pursuing a job that is described as " being the best, reaching the top, beating the competition" I thought that this environment was awful to work in. Praying that something perfect will come your way!