Wednesday, November 10

A box of chocolates

Some dreams are so vivid that we wonder if they could possibly have any meaning.. I tend to believe that our dreams reflect the past, not the future. Yet Biblical dreams often foretold the future so perhaps some dreams today can still be foreshadowing.

With that said, I had the strangest dream!

I was road-tripping through Texas when I happened upon a desolate town. A few forlorn houses were tacked together with odd pieces of siding. I realized that this town had been ravaged by the recent hurricanes leading to its meager features. I walked towards the houses feeling as if I was surrounded by whispers of history. And then in front of me I saw the bench. The very bench that Forrest Gump sat on. "Life is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're going to get" reverberated endlessly through my mind. I was thrilled that I had found this bench, this important piece of history. I wanted to share this finding with everyone.

And then, the dream became a lot less realistic - running into a friend who was also traveling through Texas, finding a sign next to some corn fields with the name of a future professor on it, exploring a museum and trying to find the bench again to show to my mom and sister.. "You have to see it - the box of chocolates bench!"

Yes, strange. I haven't watched Forrest Gump in a very long time - and I've only seen it once. I haven't thought about it at all lately. I guess I have been thinking about life a lot though so perhaps the box of chocolates quote could relate?

However, I am going to visit my friend in Florida over Christmas Break, and we were planning on going to Savannah for a day. And when I told her about my dream, she said "It's in Savannah." The bench is in Savannah! So I may actually see it! Ha.

Weird.

1 comments: