Sunday, July 17

1 Timothy 4:12

Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.

This was our memory verse this week at Gateway. In my mind, I kept thinking of "young" as physically young. But then, someone else mentioned that it could also mean young in the faith. Don't let other Christians look down on you because you are a new Christian.

It was a reminder for me because although I'm not a new Christian anymore... I always expected to be led by other, older Christians when I first began. This verse pointed out that no matter how young you are, you don't need to wait for others to follow... you can set out on your own as a leader. Most importantly, Christ went ahead as the example and guide to follow so that we don't need to follow others.

0 comments: