Sunday, September 25

the kraut


Yesterday at the Feast of the Hunter's Moon... yum.... sassafras tea, sauerkraut stew, pumpkin pie, apple fritters and apple cider.

It sounds like a lot but if you'd known everything I didn't eat (roasted corn ears, pea stew, venison brat, buffalo burger, apple dumplings, homemade root beer, lemon shake-up, fry bread, hickory chicken, rabbit stew, etc)

I think sauerkraut is one of those things with a distinct taste - a thing worth craving. And after the sauerkraut stew yesterday, I woke up craving more sauerkraut.

So I dumped some chopped onions and carrots, chicken broth and slivered/chopped chicken into a pan and boiled it (all the while eating sauerkraut straight from the can)... once it had boiled several minutes, I added the sauerkraut, pepper and garlic powder.

It's pretty decent. I just need more.... :)

0 comments: