Saturday, September 17

not about me... still not...

I guess sometimes we.. or at least I know that I.. I get caught up in my plans for my life. I know that whenever Christ calls me home I'll be ready to go, but at the same time, I'm fine with living out my life.

Whats interesting is Philippians 1:23-24 "For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you." Paul makes it clear that if others didn't need him sharing Christ with them here, he would much rather leave.

I guess its a scary thought to me how unimportant this life is. It's all I've known.. and it really doesn't matter at all.

Recently a minister asked what would you do if you had 3 hours to live. The question annoyed me. You can't accomplish anything in 3 hours.. you may as well just leave for Heaven now.. ha.

But then I began thinking about it.. and if I had 3 hours left to live, it wouldn't be about me. I'd spend that time telling as many people I know about Christ. At least I hope my dying wish would be that others would come to know Christ.

And then I thought... the most important thing would be to tell others about Christ. So why is it so hard to do now? Once we've made the decision to follow Christ, we're of little importance. We don't need to graduate college, get married, travel, have grandkids..... no, once we've made the decision to follow Christ we're of little importance unless we're sharing Christ with others.

Like Paul, we should have a desire to be unobstructedly with Christ... we should only want to stay here for others.

I guess I feel pretty selfish.

0 comments: