Saturday, December 1

He's surely alive

Today I sat in a room as a spiritual battle was fought. I felt the pressure stifling the room. And I felt pressure to say something... something perfect. Isn't there a checklist for leading someone to Christ?

I was overwhelmed by my own imperfections.. my own lack of words. I prayed in broken sentences. I prayed for the broken individual as he fell apart in front of me. And then he spoke the words.

"I think it's time." His voice wavered, his shoulders shook. And ever so slowly, the straps of his burden loosened. Who knew a tear stained face with a snotty nose could be so beautiful?

Surrender. The most difficult step we ever leap.

Today, I heard an atheist ask God to take control of his life. It's overwhelming. I can't comprehend it. But I'm so thankful that I had no perfect words. I'm so thankful that all the work was so evidently done by the Spirit.

And at Gateway, we can become calloused. How long will this change last? We have a hard time believing once we've been so educated in deceit. But we must not stop believing in the Spirit. He's surely alive.

And once we've experienced a taste, the ordinary is so ordinary. Please pray for the Spirit to continue, and for discernment to know the Spirit.

2 comments:

Daveana said...

What an answer to prayer! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

This is an ever so beautiful post!