Monday, March 11

all or nothing

A rainy day seems like a good day for baking... I'm not sure why I think this. Maybe delicious fragrances emitting from the oven make the kitchen cheerier?


But in baking, I'm all or nothing most days. I either go all out and bake multiple things... or I don't feel like baking at all. I guess my theory is that once the KitchenAid is ready, it's simpler to use it, rinse, reuse, rinse, reuse. This is sanitary, right?.....

In the oven today:

My go-to banana bread recipe. If I'm in a mood where I care, I add half whole wheat flour, cut the sugar, and add flax seed :)

Also, I've made these pumpkin chai bars quite frequently.. as we don't have any pumpkin puree, I'm going with this recipe instead.

Cowboy cookies - extra to freeze!

Well.. I'm off to drink my coconut chai and throw put more things in the oven (or on the stove :)

P.S. 
Healthy cookies! These are made with banana, oatmeal and chocolate chips. Such a great substitute if you'd like something sweet without the sugar. And, they're pretty tasty straight from the oven (they don't do as well




2 comments:

Beth said...

Hi - I agree that a rainy day is always great for baking! I hope you liked the banana oatmeal cookies! They are my favorite thing to make right now. Did you use the Nutella? I think it adds a nice touch :0)

sarenaw said...

The banana oatmeal cookies were good! Sadly I didn't have any Nutella but I guess that saved me some sugar (: