Sunday, November 1

October 31st

Despite the negativity of Halloween...
-the fact that we (Americans) find pleasure in searching for ghoulish costumes
-exploring haunted houses full of dark and creepy characters
-using costumes as an excuse to reveal more skin than what should be legal (college scene)

-stuffing kid's pumpkin baskets with sugar and more sugar
despite this, I really enjoyed this Halloween.

The door bell rang time and time again.. and the kids were adorable. Some were barely old enough to say "trick-or-treat"... and although I had thought mom quite lame for buying pencils.. the first little girl raced back to her mom shouting, "LOOK, MOM! A PENCIL!" And before long, we were out of pencils, candy, and goldfish! Out went the light.

Yet the light in my pumpkin glowed.. yes, I carved my first pumpkin this year.Abbie and Hannah came down later.. and we went for a walk. After that, we decided crêpes sounded amazing.. so Luke made them while Abbie, Hannah, and I created vanilla pudding (to go with chocolate or bananas) and strawberry cream cheese filling. Delicious...Following this.. we sang Karaoke (on youtube) and watched a few youtubes. And I decided to ignore homework... completely. And now, I'm thinking of all the reading I have to do while wondering why the computer clock hasn't switched back an hour yet.. hmmm.. come on, computer.. give me more time.

Speaking of homework.. it's probably the reason I haven't posted in ages! I don't have much homework homework, but I have lots of reading. I guess that comes with History, Philosophy, and Communications.

Ay ay ay :)

Hope you had a fantastic Oct 31.

0 comments: