Monday, December 7

I'm still here..

beneath my mound of blankets
cough syrup and throat lozenges
actually, I went to the doctor yesterday and got the real stuff
antibiotics and steroids
giving in, I know. But, after a week of a raw throat...

I'm not excited about the end of the semester. I'm not pessimistic.. but I really enjoy my PHIL 111 (Ethics).. and my HIST 351 (World War II) How is it that TAs sometimes end up being 10x (or more) better than overpaid professors? My PHIL has been amazing. I hardly ever speak because the topics cause so much thought... and then I speak about it nonstop when I get home.. much to the disappointment of my family. I've discovered that they aren't too interested in Kant's Formula of Humanity or Plato's perfect city. HIST 351 is taught by a professor, but he's good. I say this like its a surprise... but after 3+ years at Purdue, I've found most professors lacking... Another reason I'm not ready for this semester to end is that I've grown quite fond of my all 11:30am or 12pm classes.. I'm not ready for next semester's 8:30s in the cold and rainy spring!

It seems like this is the way it always goes... it takes about a semester to grow adjusted to a class.. to actually start talking with others in the class.. almost become friends (maybe some even become facebook friends :) and then.. its over. And, I realize all my friends in class were friends of utility (thanks Aristotle). We were only friends because we needed each other for the class. But there are some who last. And thankfully, there's always the PYG.. and they're pretty amazing this year.

Speaking of being thankful, I'll leave you with a picture of my Thanksgiving. We spent it at the Moores with the Lemans.. and a few friends. Somehow the photographer seemed to always end up smack in front... and the baby ended up blurry... but you can see the radiating thankful glow just the same :)Shiloh (Jeff and Sarah Stollers)
about the only non-blurry picture of her! :)

1 comments:

Daveana said...

Thanks for the post. I'll be thinking of you as these last few weeks pass. Who knows, I might even see you once.