Monday, February 1

thoughts alone.

Thoughts I've had lately that I considered blogging about.. but not enough words or inspiration for a full blog (although after I finished these thoughts, they were kinda long!). So here are three jumbled together topics.


I've really felt like God has brought different people into my life. Some have come and gone. Some have gone and then returned later. A lot of these people have been used as incredible instruments in bringing me closer to Christ (perhaps due to endless prayers from my worried mom over the years:) But looking back, I really feel like God was bringing me closer and closer to Him before I even had a clue. I know the people we meet may be considered "coincidence", but looking back I see a lot of ways in which the people I met taught me so much about myself and others. I've also noticed that sometimes when I'm comfortable with the friends I have, everything is shook up and I'm moved to a new "stage of life". But thankfully there are some constants, and hopefully, after the realization how important both hellos and goodbyes are.. I will put more trust in God knowing that my future can be equally amazing as my past (or present).



I feel like God gives us moments (or weeks) to pursue Him. At times when we might feel like we're losing everything else.. it could be that He is giving us freedom from all the other cares and desires and passions so that He can become our sole pursuit. Lately I've felt like something I usually focus on too much is gone (vague:) and in a way in was scary.. but then it was freeing when I realized that perhaps God is giving me this time to make Him my focus.



If my friend jumped in front of a bus to save my life, I would probably read a note that he left for me. I mean.. if a stranger jumped in front of a bus, I'd read what he wrote for me. I would read it and re-read it. I'd probably spend my time wishing I had another moment with this person to listen to their heart and thank them for their sacrifice. Sadly though.. this happened. He lived His life for me (and you). He suffered brutally. He took the cross for me. He saved my life. He gave me a Book to learn about Him and the vast amount of love He has for me. And how much time do I spend with Him or His book?.......................... Its pathetic.

1 comments:

Daveana said...

great thoughts!

Thanks for sharing them! :)

Love you!