Tuesday, June 7

I miss the past 2 weeks

So guess what.... I loved Alabama.
surprise

I mentioned it was more tough emotionally and mentally and... I think it being more tough just made it more amazing.

A lot of volunteers came for only 2-4 days so the group dynamics were constantly changing. It was hard to re-adjust and we definitely sang 'Blest be the Tie' enough! But there were several people who were there the entire time and getting to know them was a (I'm using the word) blessing.

The thing about mission trips... if you go without a ton of people that you know, you end up getting to know people you normally wouldn't get to know. When I've been on trips to Mexico with the PYG, you pretty much stay in little PYG groups... but going to Alabama with just Janessa and Jena, we got to talk to others we might've overlooked (how sad).

And the people from Athens are worth getting to know! and the people who were there throughout the 13 days we were = worth getting to know!

I really can't explain it. I can tell you what we did... we planted flowers, trimmed bushes, demolished houses, cleaned up debris, drove skid steers, played with the preschool kids, made loads of baked beans and mashed potatoes, met new people, sang and so much more.

I really can't tell you what it was like.... seriously, go on a mission trip. A good one is unexplainable.

1 comments:

Daveana said...

Agreed! I love mission trips. I also love the very last picture. Did you take it? It's super cool! Loved how you cropped it! Now that you're back, maybe we could hang out!